Written by Mirko
I was able to use the new Scott Ransom 2019 for a couple of weeks and I was sad while I was preparing the package. The Ransom has behaved very well both uphill and downhill and, after a couple of trails and some set-up changes, I immediately felt mine.
Scott got us right: modern geometries perfect for downhill descents, the TwinLoc system that makes it super agile even uphill and the Ramp lever on the shock have made the Ransom the perfect bike for every rider.
DISCOVER ALL MODELS ON WWW.SCOTT-SPORTS.COM
Scott sent us a size L: it immediately looks like a really long bike, but climbed into the saddle is immediately comfortable. I found a bike very maneuverable and snappy, the 29'' are bikes for every type of driving, precise and aggressive but also you can be wrong.
Immediately you notice the carbon handlebar with integrated attack with 20mm rise where we find the TwinLoc on the left along with the command for Fox Transfer. I must admit that it took me a while to get used to the double command, having never used the TwinLoc before.
With the suspension locked, with the Ransom pedal becomes a pleasure, fork and shock are completely still and you never lose power.
On dirt you just need to insert the Traction position of the TwinLoc - the excursion decreases to 120mm - to have a bike easy to ride, but also sensitive to the terrain.
Scott chooses the 2.6 "Maxxis Minion DHF initially I did not like them, but they did not bother uphill on the road (the TwinLoc is a bomb), while on the dirt road they help to overcome the obstacles better.
The Ransom is the top downhill. I immediately realized the ease with which I could move it with precision and stability, in berms it is very agile and on the jumps it takes off easily without any problem during landing!
The shock absorbers work well and the 170 mm of excursion help us, but what amazed me was the Fox Nude TR. It was a long time to find the right setting for me - even following the setup tips - but then it turned out to be a bomb. The Fox Nude TR is extremely precise and you seem to have endless travel thanks to the magic Ramp lever.
If held on + it becomes progressive and soft, perfect on jumps and beaten to take fast. By moving the lever on - it becomes soft and really helps on very rough technical steps. My legs say thank you.
I also liked the water bottle holder where Scott inserted the space for the multi tool and the pump.
So the Ransom is fun and agile, but if necessary it becomes stable and precise. Shred ride is perfect for it: you do not touch the brakes and let it slide without thinking about lines lines, it will do all the rest!
The Ransom. 170mm of trail munchinﾒ, climb crushing, stage winning all day pinning mountain biking excellence. The Tuned version comes equipped with our TwinLoc Suspension System, a Sram Eagle groupset and high end Syncros components to help you get away with murder, regardless of your ability level.
Ransom Carbon HMX Frame
TwinLoc Suspension System
Kashima, FIT4 remote, 3-Modes with low Speed adj., 15x110mm QR axle, Lockout
SCOTT custom w. travel & geo adj., 3 modes, Ramp Adjust, Kashima, Travel 170-120-Lockout
Syncros Revelstoke 1.5 TR Wheels
FOX Dropper Post, Syncros CF Parts
* Ransom Carbon / IMP technology / HMX
* BB92 / Carbon swingarm
* VLK Virtual 4 Link kinematic
* 27.5" (2.6 & 2.8) and 29" (2.4 & 2.6) tire compatible with Geo -BB adj.
* SW dropouts for Boost 12x148mm
* TBC Trunnion box construction
* FORK FOX 36 Float Factory Air / Kashima
* FIT4 3-Modes with low Speed adj. / 15x110mm QR axle
* 44mm offset / tapered steerer / Reb. Adj. / Lockout / 170mm travel
* REAR SHOCK FOX NUDE TR EVOL Trunnion
* SCOTT custom w. travel / geo adj.
* 3 modes: Lockout-Traction Control-Descend
* custom Ramp Adjust with linear and progressive setting
* DPS / Kashima / Reb. Adj.
* Travel 170-120-Lockout / 205X65mm
* REMOTE SYSTEM SCOTT TwinLoc TSP Technology
* Suspension-Seatpost Remote
* below Bar / 3 modes / integ. Grip clamp
* HEADSET Syncros FL1.5 Press Fit E2 / Tapered 1.5"-1 1/8"
* Ti bearing OD 50/62mm / ID 44/56mm
* REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM X01 / Eagle 12 Speed
* SHIFTERS SRAM X01 Eagle Trigger
* BRAKES SRAM Code RSC 4 Piston Disc
* 200/F and 180/R mm Centerline Rotor
* CRANKSET SRAM X01 DUB Eagle Boost Carbon crankarm
* QF 168 / 32T
* CHAINGUIDE SCOTT custom
* BB-SET SRAM DUB PF integrated / shell 41x92mm
* HANDLEBAR Syncros Hixon iC Rise Carbon
* 20mm rise / 8° / 780mm / Syncros Pro lock-on grips
* / Garmin mount
* SEATPOST FOX Transfer Dropper Remote
* Kashima / 31.6mm / S size 125mm / M & L & XL 150mm
* SEAT Syncros Tofino 1.5 / Titanium rails
* WHEELSET Syncros Revelstoke 1.5 6 Bolt
* F: 15x110mm, R: 12x148mm Boost
* 30mm Tubeless ready rim 28H / XD Driver / DT RWS w/Removable Lever with Tool
* CHAIN SRAM PCXX1 Black Eagle
* CASSETTE SRAM X01 / XG1295 / 10-50 T
* TIRES Front : Maxxis Minion DHF / 2.6" / 120TPI Kevlar Bead / EXO / TR / 3C Maxx Terra
* Rear : Maxxis Minion DHF / 2.6" / 120TPI Kevlar Bead
* EXO / Silk Shield / TR / 3C Maxx Terra
* EXTRAS Syncros Trail Fender
* ACCESSORIES Transport Axle
* APPROX WEIGHTS IN KG 13.10
* APPROX WEIGHTS IN LBS 28.88
* SYSTEM WEIGHT 128